Friday, May 27, 2011

New edition of Tweedie's Ghanaian Cookbook

Almost exactly 5 years ago I posted about a Ghanaian cookbook by Asantewaa Tweedie called Ghanaian Cooking with a Twist. Since then, Asantewaa and I have corresponded virtually. She returned to Ghana over a year ago, and emailed me recently that she had expanded and updated her cookbook.

A couple of weeks ago during a visit she made to Pennsylvania we met up together. It was a treat to meet face-to-face for the first time and also to see and hear about the new version,  Melting Pot: Ghanaian Cooking with a Twist. Before returning to Ghana, Asantawaa asked me to continue as the sole North American distributor of her book, which retails at $30.00 plus mailing and handling. If you would like to order a copy, contact market@betumi.com for details.

Here is an excerpt from our conversation. I apologize in advance for the buzz on the video: I had to use a small digital camera and the quality was not perfect.




People sometimes ask me if I don't feel like I'm in competition with other Ghanaian cookbook authors. No way. I'm always excited to see the new wave of Ghanaians getting the word out about Ghanaian cuisine. I'd love to see as many Ghanaian cookbooks as there are Italian cookbooks on the shelves!




1 comment:

SugarHeart said...

fabulous job!