Tuesday, July 16, 2013

African Development for the Kitchen: Ghana Kitchen-wear


During this trip to Ghana, BETUMI is working with a talented young designer at Low Design Office (who happens to be my son) and local seamstresses and tailors to design and sew a line of  “Made in Ghana” culinary "wear." (Note in the photo below that the sewing machines are not electric). It’s a great way to support local women by giving them access to wider markets. It's also a way to add a unique African touch to your kitchen, or the perfect gift for someone special. If there is interest, there are plans to develop a complete line of Ghanaian chefwear, including chef jackets. What do you think? Let us know and check back for more information on ordering soon.









5 comments:

Katie said...

I'd love to order an apron!

Nina said...

I hope they will be available here in Ghana?

Unknown said...

How do we order?

Fran said...

Katie, Nina, and Lonnee: I'm just returning to the US today, with samples in my suitcase. I'll let you know as soon as we get pricing worked out. They should be available in both the US and Ghana.

A Li'l bit of Chilli,...... please said...

this will go in my magazine :-). Exactly what I love about 'new africa'.....this pride in our culture. Well done to your son!!!