Tuesday, February 03, 2015

Heading to Ghana for 3 months

It has been strangely quiet at BetumiBlog this fall and winter. Partly because of travel,  partly due to weather and travel preparations. All that changes in a few days as I head to Ghana on February 7, 2015, staying through the end of April.  I'll be bouncing around various places, working on edits and photographs for The Ghana Cookbook, and working with son DK on our house near Tema. Plus, I'm considering offering some custom cooking classes and exploring a line of  "made in Ghana" items,  (following up on my initial Ghana wear idea in 2013) perhaps expanding to stirring sticks, asankas, etc., for those outside of Ghana.

I understand there are serious power, water, and sanitation issues in Ghana these days,  and I'll be sharing my experiences. I hope to meet up with folks from the Ghana Chef's Association, founders of the exciting entrepreneurial venture Freshly's Farms
and a host of others. 

Check back soon for updates.

No comments: